MARTA, in partnership with Scavenger Hunt Atlanta and Cubic, presents Dump the Pump Dash Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, June 15th from 12 - 4:30 pm starting at the Five Points MARTA Station.
Working in teams, participants will have 3 1/2 hours to decipher riddles, find items, and take photos. Teams will go in different directions e.g. north, south, east, and west.
Dump the Pump Dash Radio Spot
Registrations are no longer being accepted for the Dump the Pump Dash Scavenger Hunt.
- Round up your friends, get your thinking caps on and prepare for a team event you won't soon forget.
- Participants will receive a scavenger hunt booklet and be asked to look for things/places around MARTA's rail system.
- Each team member will need a MARTA 1 day, 7 day or 30 day pass
- Must be 18 years old to participate
- MARTA Employees cannot participate
- Grand Prize for First Place!
Each team member in 1st Place will receive an Apple iPad Mini + a Solar-Powered Backpack + a USB Solar-Powered Charger!
The full iPad experience
Everything you love about iPad — the beautiful screen, fast and fluid performance, FaceTime and iSight cameras, thousands of amazing apps, 10-hour battery life2 —
is everything you’ll love about iPad mini, too. And you can hold it in one hand.
Beautiful 7.9-inch display
Colors are vivid and text is sharp on the iPad mini display. But what really makes it stand out is its size. At 7.9 inches, it’s perfectly sized to deliver an experience every bit as big as iPad.
- Each team member in 2nd Place will receive a Solar-Powered Voltaic Backpack!
Leave it out in the sun for a nice charge!
Built tough for use as a weekend hike bag or as a large daypack. There are pockets and wire channels for multiple electronic devices and 1,850 cubic inches of storage space. The sleek black design makes going green trendy and hip!
- 4 watts of solar power for fast charging
- The solar panels protect fragile items inside
- Included battery pack which stores power until you need it
- 11 adaptors for easy connection to handheld electronics
- Fully padded laptop sleeve for up to a 17" laptop (16.5" x 11" x 3" or 42cm x 28cm x 7cm)
- Wire channels throughout the bag for headphones, bladder tubes etc.
- Adjustable phone / MP3 pouch on the shoulder
- Removable waist strap
- High density padding in the shoulder straps and back
- Mesh backing material for better air flow
- Shell uses 600D fabric made from recycled PET (soda bottles), which is tough, water resistant and lightweight
The Device that started a movement
Choose the CLASSIC2 for its large battery size to provide power to multiple devices while on the go. Powers phones, e-readers, tablets and even bike lights, water purifiers, GPS watches, headlamps and more USB-powered electronics
A day of direct sunlight on the CLASSIC2 captures enough energy for three charges for most smartphones or tops-off most tablets from half-depleted to a full battery. The CLASSIC2 features a full-sized USB port allowing thousands of devices to easily connect just as they do to a USB wall charger.
The iconic Solio design has been updated with more battery capacity while larger solar panels allow for more energy capture than ever before.
Anything: Simply connect to the CLASSIC2 using your device’s own USB charging cable.
Anytime: Holds charge for up to a year. The CLASSIC2 will give most smartphones 3 complete charges.
Anywhere: Charge the CLASSIC2 from the Sun, USB port, or the wall.
“Sundial” for energy capture
The ingenious design of the Solio CLASSIC2 allows a pencil to be inserted into a central pivot point to make it possible to track the sun like a sundial. Simply point the CLASSIC2 towards the sun and rotate it until the pencil no longer casts a shadow. Adjust the position of the CLASSIC2 each time the pencil casts a shadow for maximum solar capture efficiency. A full day in full-sun completely charges the battery.
- Prizes sponsored by Cubic
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm Scavenger Hunt check-in at Five Points MARTA Station
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm Race ends / prizes awarded
- Updates will be sent to your email address
- You will need only one smart phone per team
- A signed waiver. (MARTA isn’t dangerous, but we’ll have you sign a waiver anyway)
- MARTA FAQ’s
- Waiver and Liability Release