The MARTA Police Department is committed to quality education. Through this commitment, the Department offers an intern program for students in undergraduate, graduate and Law School programs. It is the intention of this program to offer the student an opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of law enforcement. The student will be placed in a quasi-training program whereby the student will observe or participate in each service area of the department. In addition, when possible, the student will be assigned to work on specific project or program that is tailored to the specific areas of interest of the Student.
The selection process for the MARTA Police Internship Program will include the following steps:
- All interns must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- The applicant must submit a cover letter of interest, his/her resume along with the Departments Internship Applicant form. Contact information for school advisor, required service hours and two references should be included.
- The applicant must submit a notarized MARTA Consent Form for a criminal history check with his/her application package.
- An interview with the potential intern will be conducted by MARTA Police personnel.
- Final approval of the internship will rest with the Chief of Police.
- Interns will be selected based on:
- Chief of Police approval
All interested applicants must complete an application, a criminal history consent form and submit them with a cover letter and resume. For more information, contact the community outreach department at (404) 848-3670.
To view these form Adobe Reader must be installed.