No more transfers. One card is all you need for Convenience, Reliability, and Security.
Learn how to purchase your Breeze Card by visiting: Breezecard.com
A Breeze Card is the fastest, easiest and most convenient way to ride MARTA. With Breeze, there are no tokens to fumble with, no worries about exact change and no danger of getting your card stuck in the reader. Just tap and go.
Now you can store your discounted weekly or monthly pass on one card, as well as load up to $300 cash value. Never worry about a lost or stolen Breeze Card when you sign up for Balance Protection. Breeze’s Balance Protection enables us to issue you a new card with the balance remaining on it at the time of notification. We will cancel your old card so no one can use it (you will be charged a $1 fee for the replacement card). Reload your card at any Breeze Vending Machine, MARTA Ride Store or reload online with credit/debit at breezecard.com.
With Breeze, there are no tokens or transfers to fumble with…
no worries about exact change…no danger of your card getting stuck in the reader.
- Tap your Breeze Card to the reader located on the station entry gate or bus fare box.
- The reader will let you know your card has been accepted and flash the remaining balance on the screen.
- Breeze will open the entry gate for you or signal the bus driver that you have paid.
- On buses, transfers are automatically loaded. At rail stations, tap your Breeze Card on the Breeze target (blue, circular card reader)
Smart Card Fare Media. Breeze Cards are reusable and rely upon embedded computer chips to store value and a variety of trip purchase information.
Breeze Entry Gates in Station. The computer controlled Breeze gates replace outdated turnstiles and offer a higher level of security and reliability.
Breeze Fare boxes on Buses. Smart card fare boxes allow passengers to tap their Breeze Cards or pay with cash.
Breeze Vending Machines. Breeze Cards can be purchased in all rail stations and some strategically located venues within the metro Atlanta area. Breeze media can be paid for with cash or credit/debit cards. And a popular improvement over older token machines — change is available when desired.
Regional Seamless Public Transportation. The Breeze system makes it possible for people to ride on buses and trains throughout metro Atlanta using a single fare card. The region’s four suburban transit providers have developed agreements to adopt MARTA’s Breeze smart card fare system.
Adding Value to Your Breeze Card is easy with the Breeze Vending Machine
- Select “Reload Card” from the Breeze Vending Machine’s display menu.
- Tap your Breeze Card on the Breeze target.
- Select the value you would like to place on your card by pressing the corresponding button(s) on the menu screen.
- Insert payment into the appropriate slot - cash, coins or debit/credit card.
- Tap your Breeze Card on the card reader a second time to load the value onto your card.
….or the Breeze Bus Fare Box
- Tap Breeze Card on the bus farebox
- Insert cash (bills and/or coins),
- Tap your card again to load the value and transfer
Important things to remember about Bus-to-Bus transfers:
- All customers are required to have a valid Breeze Card loaded with appropriate fare to ride MARTA.
- Bus to Bus transfers are no longer issued.
- Transfers are available on a Breeze Card and are automatically loaded when you tap to board a bus or exit a rail station.
- If you pay with cash, you will still need a Breeze Card to receive your transfer.
- Bus-to-Bus transfers are designed to help customers get from point A to point B that are not accessible using one bus route. Transfers cannot be used for round-trip travel.
- You are allowed 4 transfers within a 3-hour period.