The MARTA Accessibility
Committee (MAC) meeting scheduled for Tuesday, January 10, 2017 has been cancelled.
The next MAC meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
The MAC was established to assist MARTA by:
- Connecting MARTA and the diverse communities it serves to achieve a greater awareness of the transportation need of seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Developing and suggesting procedures to identify and correct potential accessibility deficiencies in facilities, programs, services and communications.
- Advising MARTA on issues surrounding individuals with disabilities and seniors and recommending appropriate steps.
- Providing recommendations to improve access to MARTA programs and services.
- Dr. Brad Fain – Principal Research Scientist, Chief, Human Factors Program Office – GA Tech Research Institute
- Mark Gasaway – Representing the Hearing Impaired
- Catherine Jackson – Members at Large
- Eric Jacobson – Executive Director, Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Ray Johnson – Executive Director, Autism Society of America – Greater Georgia Chapter
- Paul Miller – Representing the Deaf
- Tiffiny Nash – Representing Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Ike Presley – Project Manager of Professional Development, American Foundation for the Blind
- Brent Reynolds – Representing the Blind
- Vonnie Roberson – Members at Large
- Vanessa Robisch – Superintendent, Atlanta Area School of the Deaf (AASD)
- Gladys Taylor – Representing the Seniors
- Dawn Turner – Members at Large
- Leslie Wiggins – Director, Atlanta VA Medical Center
- Lafayette Wood – Chairperson
- Charima Young – Associate State Director of Community Outreach, American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
III. 2017 MAC Meeting Schedule
All regularly scheduled MAC meetings will be held in the Travel Training Center Presentation Area, beginning at 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM at the following address:
MARTA Annex Building
2400 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30324
- January 10, 2017
- March 14, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- July 11, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- November 14, 2017