MARTA has made significant contributions to improving the environment and the quality of life in this region. In keeping with MARTA’S proud environmental accomplishments, we are implementing the Environmental Management System at Armour Yard.
EMS POLICY STATEMENT
“To establish an Authority-Wide policy and program that ensures MARTA’s commitment to compliance with environmental statutes, regulations, & other MARTA requirements. To provide safe and cost-effective pollution prevention, measures by controlling and minimizing the disposal of waste or emissions generated/released from MARTA operations and construction.”
Definition of EMS
- A set of processes and practices to reduce environmental impacts and increase operating efficiency.
Purpose of EMS
- Reduce MARTA’s environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency.
- Manage MARTA’s environmental programs.
- EMS is being implemented at Armour Yard
- EMS Awareness Training
- Internal Audit (June 2012)
Amour Yard Rail Maintenance Facility
500 PLASAMOUR DRIVE
ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30324