On November 4, 2014, voters in Clayton County approved a referendum to dedicate a one-cent sales tax for the expansion of Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) service to the County. Approval of the one-cent sales tax provides for the implementation of MARTA Bus and Mobility service, currently in operation, and future high capacity transit service in Clayton County.
MARTA has begun identifying goals and objectives for the study based on data collection, technical analysis and public input/support. This process will define and evaluate a range of potential transit alternatives to best meet the needs of Clayton County. A preferred transit alternative will be identified in order to conduct an environmental assessment and more detailed technical analysis to prepare the project for future phases of implementation. The High Capacity Transit Initiative study is anticipated to be completed in 2018.
Community Needs/Project Purpose
- Improve mobility, accessibility and connectivity to the Atlanta region
- Provide greater access to jobs and services
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Provide environmental benefits and sustainable solutions
- Encourage transit-supportive land uses
- Support economic development initiative
input is important. Complete our SURVEY!