MARTA Service Modifications
MARTA has implemented operational adjustments to protect the health and wellness of employees as they continue providing essential transit service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, MARTA has made service plan changes to bus and rail operations to address the dramatic ridership and revenue decline seen in the wake of this national health crisis. We will continue to update this page with changes as they occur; this page was last updated on Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Changes to Bus Service
View schedules here
- MARTA has reduced bus service by 30 percent. All bus routes will continue to operate, but with fewer buses on each route.
- Routes 15, 39, 5, 121, 196, 73, 110, 78, 83, and 89, have no service reduction planned at this time due to help with social distancing due to heavy ridership.
- Bus customers will enter and exit using the rear doors only, except for customers who require the accessibility ramp.
- MARTA is suspending fare collection on buses; For customers transferring to and from the rail system, fares will be paid at the rail stations.
Changes to Rail Service
Red Line Schedule |
Gold Line Schedule
Blue Line Schedule |
Green Line Schedule
- Weekday rail service will begin at 5 am and operate on a Sunday schedule, with trains arriving at stations approximately every 20 minutes.
- All Red and Gold Line trains will travel to the Airport from the start of service until 9 pm. After 9 pm, all Gold Line trains will continue to travel to the Airport; Red Line trains will only operate between North Springs and Lindbergh. Green Line trains will turn back at King Memorial from start of service to 9 pm.
- MARTA has closed the station serving Mercedes-Benz/State Farm Arena/GWCC. Trains will not stop at this station until events resume.
- Weekend schedules can be viewed here.
Changes to Streetcar Service
View schedules here
- Streetcar service will run on a Sunday schedule for weekday and weekend service.
Changes to Public Restroom Availability
- MARTA is closing public restrooms at low-utilization rail stations. Public restrooms will remain open at College Park, Doraville, Five Points, H.E. Holmes, Indian Creek, Lindbergh, and North Springs rail stations.
Visit Twitter (
@MARTAService) for real-time information for rail and bus operations.
Call our Customer Care Center at 404-848-5000 if you have any concerns.
View the related press release
View MARTA’s COVID-19 communications